We Value Your Privacy
Mesoamerica Institute knows that you care how your personal information is used and protected, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so responsibly. We take the protection of your information seriously. This policy describes our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
What Information Does Mesoamerica Institute Collect?
We collect information from you to help us personalize and improve your Mesoamerica Institute experience, to process your online transactions, and to send you communications to which you have subscribed.
INFORMATION YOU ENTER IN FORMS
* On certain pages, you have the ability to send comments, register for classes, make credit card transactions, and register to receive email updates. The types of personal information collected on these pages are: first name, last name, e-mail address, phone, mailing address, information about your level and motivation for studying Spanish, and credit/debit card information (only when you register for a class).
* You can always choose not to submit the information requested
* On certain pages, you can submit basic information about other individuals. For example, if you want to send a link to a friend about our services, you will need to submit your friend’s e-mail address.
* All of your personal data will be used only for purpose for which you submit them. For example, your friend’s e-mail will only be used to forward him your e-mail recommendation.
INFORMATION COLLECTED ELECTRONICALLY
* We also store certain types of electronic information when you interact with us on our Web site.
* We also use Web metrics tools to automatically track certain electronic information about your visits to our Web site. We use this aggregate information to do internal research on our visitors’ interests and behaviour, to help us better understand and serve them. This information includes the URL that you just came from, which URL you go to next, what browser you are using, and your IP address. We use this aggregate data without connecting it with any personally identifying information.[TOP]
How Secure is My Personal Information?
* To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use and transmission of your information, we have implemented the appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect from you online.[TOP]
How Will Mesoamerica Institute Use My Information
* We use the information that we collect from you to process your requests, enhance and personalize your Mesoamerica Institute experience, and, only when you have given us permission to do so, to send you newsletters and other e-mail communications.
* We use aggregate and non-personally identifying information (such as the URL from which you arrive at our site) without using any information that would identify you. For instance, we will use this non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our Web site and to track results of marketing and promotional campaigns.
* We never use or share the personally identifiable information you provide to us online in ways unrelated to the those described in this policy, nor will we share your information with third parties without your permission. Your data will only be accessible to and used by the Mesoamerica Institute group of businesses, and only for the purpose for which you submitted them. Full list of Mesoamerica Institute entities with access to your data.
* We use other third parties to provide credit card processing on our site. When you register for a class, we will share credit card information as necessary for the third party to provide that service. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose including their own marketing purposes.[TOP]
Links to Other Sites
This Web site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Mesoamerica Institute. As you would expect, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this Web site.[TOP]